Interview themes and questions
- What makes working in recovery challenging?
- Why support the supporters? (Exploration of risks/costs, benefits and reasons for supporting the supporters)
- Are there ways that organisations or processes usually operate (when there is no disaster) that need to change or be more flexible during recovery?
- What support has or would be helpful?
- What are the barriers to supporting those with a role in recovery? (What gets in the way of doing it?)
- Given your experience, what message would you give to others about to play a role in disaster recovery:
- What message would you give someone who is about to work or volunteer to support communities in long term recovery?
- What message would you give to team leaders or middle management about how they might support those with a role in recovery
- What message would you give to senior management or governance about looking after those working in recovery?
- What message would you give to funders or recovery authorities about how they might support or lighten the load for those supporting communities through recovery?